Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Leg Day

Thought I would show you guys my AI Sports Shirt!




Leg Day is an EPIC day that separates the men from the boy. This is where great physiques are built and all the guys who look like lite bulbs get turned off! 
If you arent training legs you are missing out on a lot of things! 
1. A nice proportioned physique 
2. Growth Hormones that your whole body will grow from
3. Give you a Solid foundation that will help increase all your lifts 
4. Gets your out of the skinny jeans section and into big boy pants 

Just wanted to give you a little look into a my leg night tonight. I did a what you would call a typical "bodybuilder" routine, I prefer the term hypertrophy training. I switch my routines all the time between strength, hypertrophy, explosive, and metabolic training. I use all these various styles of training for all my body parts not just legs. Tonight I was really in the zone and then I added Maniac to it and that just set me off! So i decided to rock a killer workout, so I am going to take you on a journey through my workout tonight.

Took my maniac then headed out to the gym listening to Disturbed Asylum and by the time the song had ended I was at the gym and in the maniac mode. Since for some reason here in VA beach its freezing I started my workout with a 15 min walk on the treadmill to get the juices flowing. While walking I pulled up some branch warren training video on my phone just to ensure myself why I was going to put myself through what was to come! 
After my warm-up was over I headed over the bar and set it up for some Deadlifts. I believe that you cannot get anywhere with out these bad boys! I did 5 sets with a rep scheme or 12,8,5,5,2 Between my sets I hit some seated calve raises 15 reps. 
Then It was on to squats! Tonight I was feeling like burring myself in squats tonight! So I did 6 sets of DEEP squats reps where 10,10,10,8,6,4 I coupled that lying leg curls for 10 reps each.
Lastly I finished with Leg extensions I did these with a isometric hold at the top of the motion and then a 3 second negative 15 reps, then hit DB Stiff Leg Deadlifts only doing 8 reps.

So to lay it out for you the workout was:
Barbell Deadlifts 5 sets 12,8,5,5,2
Seated Calves 5 sets 15,15,15,15,15
Deep Squats 6 sets 10,10,10,8,6,4
Lying leg curls 6 sets 10,10,10,10,10,10

Leg extensions 2 sets 15,15
DB Stiff Leg Deadlifts 2 sets 8,8


If you havent dont legs yet this week you might want to try this and call me in the morning! 

Till next time 
Heath Ellenberger 
www.trainerheath.com
www.fatlosingtips.com


No comments:

Post a Comment